Case Study: 5-Day Old Post Gets No.1 Top Ranking In Google
How To Get Top Ranking In Google
Could a 5 day old blog post achieve No.1 Top Ranking in Google? Well I didn’t think so until now. As much as I am as curious as you, I figured I might as well try to find out what could have contributed to this search ranking phenomenon. I might be able to uncover something interesting just fresh from my last Case Study: What Google Looked For In My Last 5 Posts.
My recent post in question is Try My Cheap Link Building Service published on Sep 8, 2011. It achieved Google No. 1 Position just 5 days after being published and now hovers between No. 1 and No. 3 spots in Google. I had expected it to do the Google dance and then go away but it didn’t and I thought why not just go figure that out. Yes even it gets pushed down the SERPs much later. I like now to do a quick case study and provide my own take as to what may have contributed to this unexpected search ranking.
The Statistics: for the Keyword “Cheap Link Building Service”
1. Global Search Count (Monthly) : 1000 2. Strength of Competition (Micro Niche Finder) : 103 (> 50 is relative high competition) 3. Inanchor Count: 205: Intitle Count: 154; Inurl Count : 122
Permalink Chosen: ../cheap-link-building-service
Keyword “cheap link building service” on first sentence of first paragraph.
Followed onpage SEO of the following:
|Use of Keyword in H1 Tag.|
|Use of Keyword in H2 Tag.|
|Use of Keyword in H3 Tag.|
|Use of keyword in First Sentence.|
|Use of keyword in Last Sentence.|
|Use Of Image In Post.|
|Keyword In Alt Tag Of Image.|
|Link To An Internal Page.|
|Outbound Link To An Authority Site.|
|Keyword In The URL.|
|More than 400 words Of Content.|
Here’s My Thoughts Why It Got No. 1 Top Ranking In Google:
1. I studied all the 10 sites on page 1 for the keyword phrase ‘cheap link building service‘. I found that non of my competitors had the exact permalink as the keyword as I did. Good thing that I had purposely put the blog title as ‘Try My Cheap Link Building Service’ and made the permalink as ‘Cheap Link Building Service’. It’s a powerful SEO I learned from all the ebooks I bought.
2. The blog title must contain the keyword you want to rank. The shorter this keyword the better too as it is more keyword optimized.
3. My homepage displays the keyword phrase “cheap link building service’. Once on the navigation link on the header (no-follow) and the other on the right side bar (do-follow). I wrote about this technique a long time ago.
4. I did not do any extensive link building. Just used my favorite plugin and put the keyword “cheap link building service” as a “backlink” in the plugin admin page so as to display this url across hundreds of blogs. Check my post on this amazing plugin: I Got Google Page 1 Overnight Using This Plugin and how this is easily done.
5. Except for one site having the same domain age, all other sites were much newer. The conclusion I can draw is that the older the domain the better chance you get in achieving top ranking in Google.
6. There were 5 other sites that have higher page rank than my page which just means that page rank is not as important as other factors when you want a top ranking in Google like Google no. 1 position. It just gives you about 20 percent added advantage.
7. It just reaffirms what we already know and that Google still uses exact named domain (keyword) as a critical factor in determining Top Ranking In Google.