How My Niche Site In Blogger Ranked No.1 In Google
My niche site I created in Blogger just over 2 months ago is now ranked No. 1 in Google. To be honest, I never thought I would see this day as my setting up any sites in Blogger is intended for only one thing – link building. But I’m not complaining.
Many of us probably used Blogger or any web 2.0 websites for only one purpose – link building to boost the search engine rankings of any of our money making websites or make money blogging blogs. Well hopefully this post gives you some food for thought and perhaps you may have a different perspective or objective when you create your next blog in Blogger.
How did I start this niche in Blogger?
All my niche sites’ domains are self-hosted and I’ve never ever used Blogger or any free sites other than for link building purposes, so ranking it to no. 1 or Google’s’ page one is never in my mind. This is my very first niche site created in Blogger. One of my niche sites was ranked no. 5 in Google and I wanted to push it up to no. 1 so I thought having a similar niche site created in Blogger may help.
All my niche sites are using exact name domains as my main keyword phrase, so I was lucky to have also found the exact name in Blogger as well. Here’s all the information you will find useful:
Niche Site in Blogger (what I did in chronological sequence)
1. Sep 8 - created niche site in Blogger with one post for the homepage. No links on the page but put adsense (it’s a strategy I learned and it worked)
2. Sep 9 – Google has indexed my blog (very much because of #1 strategy)
3. Sep 20 – published second post on the blog
4. Sep 29 – published third post on the blog
5. Sep 30 – I noted that the Sep 29 post has been indexed by Google. Now I start to update my 3 posts with 2 links on each post point to my niche site which has the same domain name as this blog name.
6. Nov 20 – Found site on Google’s page 2, #20 . Published 4th post and decided to put some life into the blog. Added 2 more adsense ads (1 block 336X280 and link unit468X15) and included one image with keyword in alt-text at the end of each post. Change header and ensure matching links color with adsense. That’s it.
7. Nov 21 (6.30 a.m) – Wanted to check if latest post was indexed but found much more than that. Found site on Google’s page 1, #1. Yeah and it outranked my other owned niche site now currently at #3, can you believe that? Almost side by site. It looks a little strange – yes interestingly strange but absolutely wonderful. haha!
1. Well whether the site will continue to remain at the no. 1 position, only time will tell (still no. 1 after 9 hrs so far at time of writing this post UPDATE: DEC 9 STILL @NO.1 IN GOOGLE) but that’s not too important. I still maintain that I will use Blogger more for link building and if any of these sites get good ranking in Google, it’s just a bonus.
2. Looks like I’ve completely missed out on using Blogger to my advantage for all my 21 niche sites. I ought to create a few more blogs in Blogger and hopefully I can find exact names as well. Anyway it’s going to be useful for any link wheel I may intend to selectively do for a few of my niche sites in the near future.
3. Gaining Google’s trust is so important when you start to build a new site. So in this niche site, my strategy not to show any links on my homepage before getting Google indexed worked because the big G dislikes people who creates blogger blogs solely for link building. In fact a few years ago I’ve had one or 2 general blogger blogs deleted because I failed to realize this importance or give due respect to G. With Google you can’t just be goody two shoes, you have to be genuinely good period.
4. The importance of using exact name domain is proven yet again here and all my 21 niche sites followed this selection criteria during the keyword research and domain selection.
5. You don’t need many backlinks to get to Google’s no. 1 position as there are many other factors that are very important too as this case shows. I just checked Yahoo Site Explorer and it shows this blogger blog has only 7 backlinks mostly from my squidoo lenses.
6. Niche Keyword Research Info:
Broad Search-Global Search Count=14800 per month